Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Temple Quarry



Last week Jason an I took the boys on a short hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon. It was perfect because it has a paved trail that we could take the stroller on. Christian LOVED it. He was literally jumping with joy just to be outside. He had a ball climbing up the big boulders and going on the little dirt paths with Daddy. He kept asking us why we were in the forest.
I was reading a sign that said there were mountain goats, so I started looking and we saw a couple up high on the ledges. That would be a scary life.
Christian found rocks and a rolly polly to take home. He lost the bug in the car on the way home and I found it just a couple days ago dead in the button hole of one of his shirt. I also found a tick in his bath. I searched his whole body and couldn't find any more. How strange is that?
We all had a lot of fun, even Owen had a great time!

10 comments:

Jennybug said...

I am so glad that he wasn't tick infested.

Rebecca said...

Ok, so that's just the sweetest little picture of Owen! His eyes look so blue! I know that hike you did, you will have to go back in the summer when there are always these huge creepy beetles everywhere. Christian would love it. Me....not so much!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Johnson's said...

The picture of Owen is so cute! He looks like such a happy baby. Christian is getting big too, its weird that we lived by you when he was the little one!

Megan said...

How fun! I love going on walks! Owen is just so stinkin cute!

Melissa said...

Those are such cute pictures, I'm glad you had fun!

Karen said...

It's so fun hiking and being with your family. It's little things like this that your kids will remember forever! It looks like a fun trail, we will have to go on that one(sooner than later, I don't want big huge beetles every where!)

Holly said...

Cute pictures of your boys!

Brittany said...

I think I will skip going back when the beetles are there. I REFUSE to take one of those home!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Blogging tips