
Okay, I have a confession. As I read everyone's blogs about going to the farm and seeing the baby animals, I just don't share the joy. First of all, I have Horrible, Terrible, Unbearable allergies. secondly, I really don't like animals all that much (except Clark). Yeah, the baby cows are cute form a distance, but when I get close up all I see are the flies buzzing around them and snot dripping from their noses. And do I even need to mention how the pigs smell?

Anyway, I broke down and decided to take Christian to the farm. Jason, Owen, and my parents came along too.
Christian is so opposite of me in this aspect. He just loves the animals. He wants to touch and feed all of them, and he shows no fear. I think he is a lot like his Grandpa W. in that he loves to be outdoors all day and likes to play in the dirt.

He thought it was really funny that the geese were biting his fingers when he fed them. Um, yeah... I hope he doesn't learn the hard way that those evil birds are mean! I try to stay at least 10 feet away from any animal that honks. But we did give the birds homemade bread, so I guess that make up for my hatred towards them.

6 comments:
I am glad you had a fun time at the farm, it looks like I am the only one that hasn't been over to the farm. Maybe I will have to take my kids this week when they are off track.
Your a good mom. I only have a little while longer before I have to start doing that stuff.
Sorry we bombarded you yesterday. I do have a non plant or animal treat for you if you want to hang this week.
A girl I know made a birthday cake christian would kill for, check it out. http://noelleodesigns.blogspot.com/
I hear ya about the farm... But, my kids love it! It is fun just to watch them be boys and get all dirty touching whatever they see. Although I do not pet or touch the animals!!!
Did the bread have preservatives in it?
Of course not! I make all of our bread.
Post a Comment