Monday, May 26, 2008

Spencer's Clothes:




When I was pregnant with Owen, I asked my Mom if I could have some of Spencer's baby clothes. I was surprised when she said I could! So she brought up a ton of late 1970's retro outfits that are SO AWESOME! I must admit I truly love the corduroy bellbottoms and polyester jumpers. As I was putting all of the clothes in his little armoire, I realized with sadness that Spencer and Owen were born opposite seasons! Spencer was born at the end of September and Owen at the end of February. For you men who don't understand what I am talking about, this means that all of Spencer's 3-6 month clothes are for cold weather, but Owen is 3-6 months during warm weather. So, you can imagine my joy when we had a cold-spell! And because Owen is so huge, he fits into the 6 month outfits perfectly! SO, that is the story of the green sweats. Although, I don't think they put long pull-cords on hoodies for babies anymore. I was a bit paranoid all day that I was going to find it wrapped around his neck.
When Christian saw Owen, he laughed and said "Owen is a frog!" I thought he looked so cute, and it makes his eyes look even bluer. Thanks Mom for all of the clothes!

4 comments:

Midge said...

I can't believe your mom kept all his clothes, although after the yarn story i shouldn't be suprised. If I had a box full of 70's baby clothes that all you would see Ike wearing. Owen looks cute I bet it was special for your dad to get to see a baby in that outfit again.

Carson said...

He does look so AWESOME! He is so cute! I will call you to come for our vistit!

Karen said...

Cute clothes and they are right back in style... It's amazing how if you hold on to something long enough it is in style again... Man, I should of kept all my eighties clothes!

Megan said...

That is so crazy that it is back in style! He is such a little cutie! Well chubby cutie!

 
Blogging tips