


Who is Lemon?? Well, Lemon is a little baby caterpillar who has just been born and is still at the hospital with her Mom. Lemon's brother has a name I can't spell and sounds like someone hacking something up. So we will just call him "Lemon's Brother"
Christian is a total crack-up. He found this caterpillar at my parents and I made the mistake of letting him keep it. He discovered that it was fun to let it crawl on his hand. He kept saying "I like this hingle guy!" (Hingle=little). I spent that night and the next morning trying to convince Christian that it was mean to keep the caterpillar away from his family. This is when I was assured that Lemon's Mom was at the hospital having a baby and the caterpillar was very happy with Christian. As if I didn't have enough little critters in my room, Lemon's Brother slept on my nightstand in a blanket of leaves that Christian tore up for him. Unfortunately, he lost the poor hingle guy the morning we left somewhere in the house. I looked everywhere, but we seriously couldn't find that tricky little bug. I wonder if a beautiful butterfly will be flying around the house when my parents get home?

6 comments:
At first when I saw the pictures I thought it was your house...I couldn't believe the "hingle" guy made it all the way back to Utah. Boys and they're bugs...You gotta love it!!!
Dear, dear Brittany....I hate to break this to you, but this is just the beginning of many, many new hingle critters in your home...lol! ( do love that new word!) Seriously, we have had so many odd things in our house, in Jake's room. He also loves to "grow" things....potatos, carrotts, anything that will grow. There are always bottles and jars of scarey things sitting around. Aren't boys lovely?
That is awesome. How cool is it that a little kid can give a caterpillar a name and an identity? I can see why they seem to enjoy life a lot more than most adults I know.
Karen- he would have made it if he didn't crawl away right before we left- eeek!
Becky- Um, yeah, I am learning this the hard way- he trapped a spider one day... that is where I draw the line!
Ben- Jason saw you arresting some black guy at the gateway the other day.. Anyway, thanks for commenting on my blog and congrats on the baby boy!
Ok, now spiders, they ARE creepy! Oh, and snakes, that is where I draw the line....snakes, creepy crawley...ugggg.
This is so funny. What a cutie. When Nicole was little she would go out to the garden and collect worms. It was totally sick. She would walk around with a bucket of worms. Yuck!!! I am not a bug person.
Post a Comment