
Anyone who knows me knows that I am all for "Stay at Home Moms." Don't get me wrong, I realize that some women have to work out of the home, and I am blessed to be able to raise my own children. Just don't come to me and say that going to a day job is easier than what stay at home moms do. Well, maybe some of you need convincing. This was my day yesterday: Got up early to get ready so that I could go to the doctor. Christian had to come with me, so even though he has a runny nose, i get him bundled up and into the car. We are only 10 minutes late. I run in for my blood draw (which Christian thought was pretty cool), then sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes. Get called back, take Christian with me to pee on the little stick (he thought that was funny), then tote him back to the exam room. Appointment went well, so we run errands. When we get home he it hungry, so I cook some spaghetti-ohs, He eats half a bowl and starts saying his tummy hurts. I stop eating my meal (warm meal??? What's that?) and rub his tummy, he starts crying because he is in pain walks into my bedroom and vomits all over the carpet. You know... bright red from the sauce. He is upset that it got all over his feet, so I take him to the sink and wash his feet. He is content to play in the water, so I leave him to scrub the carpet. Over 1/2 hour later, there is still a red stain, but I gotta go get my kid, so I find him sitting in the sink. (See pictures). Those diapers really do soak up a ton of water.
I clean him up, and put him down for a nap. About an hour later he comes in my room (I am also trying to sleep) and is crying because his pants are wet. I look over to see poo all over him. I throw him in the tub and scrub the poo out of his clothes. Start a load of laundry, get him out of the tub. Then I got a break.... by going to work. That is right, for me, going to work is a break. Today he woke me up at 5 because he was hungry. I fixed him some soup, but every time he eats, he has another blowout. So, I have been elbow deep in Diarrhea all day. If anyone wants to come take over, I will be happy to sit at a desk all day and "work." But hey, I chose this job. And at least I love who I work for! Oh, I better go, I just heard something break.

2 comments:
Yeah I'm never going to have a 2 year old, and if I don't I'm not every going to let him be sick. Sorry you had such a 'crappy' day. But doesn't his smile make it all worth it.
Thanks! Yes, his smile clears away all the poop. By the way, thanks for the cups you gave me, they are great for pedialite pops!
Post a Comment