
THis is NOT Owen, so don't freak out. This is just a picture of Christian when he was born illustrating how I feel when people come uninvited to the hospital:
No really, I realize that when most women have babies everyone and their dog comes for a visit. In my case, your dog is invited, but not you. I do NOT feel comfortable after pushing a baby out having people in the room. Why you ask?? I will give you a list (WARNING: I have strong opinions on this matter that my husband does NOT agree with, but he has never been sick before, so go figure):
-Did you know that they fill a rubber glove with ice and stick it between your legs? Yeah, try getting up and going to the bathroom with that hanging in your panties (along with a mattress- sized maxi pad, two types of cream, and tucks pads); add a room full of men... uh yeah.
-Hospital gowns open in the back. Once again making a "getting up in front of people" problem.
-Newborns need to be breast fed every 1.5-2 hours. If you arrive in the hospital room an hour and a half after I last fed the baby, you have 5 minutes to get out.
-After an epidural, you can't walk very good. So unless you want to empty my bed pan for me... you better stay away so I have some time to get to the potty.
-99.9% of people forget the mom is there. Oh what?? You have been hauling a fetus around for 9 months and now you want to hold it? But, I came to visit, so I will sit here holding your hard work while you suffer. AT LEAST BRING ME A TREAT! (Flowers are NOT a treat). Eclairs, fruit tarts and other chocolate items are welcome. While I eat the treat you can hold the baby. Deal?? Great! The last time I had a baby, people brought Jason's favorite treats and conveniently forgot about the person who labored for over 6 hours after fasting. Rude.
-After pushing for over an hour (possibly more) a girl doesn't look her best. And no, there is no make-up in my hospital suitcase.
-Why is it that people want to visit you in the hospital, but not at home when you need help? For heavens sake, wait a few weeks and come visit when I need a nap.
-People love to bring their children. Really, I love kids. I just don't like their grubby little hands touching my newborn. What?? Your 3 year old wants to hold the baby. He will be careful? NO! Have your own baby, then your toddler can take pictures holding your most prized possession.
-I can actually think of many more, but I don't want this post to be too wordsy:).
Anyway, you know who you are if you are invited because I will personally call you and be very specific about the room number I am in. Other than that, I love you, but just give me some time. Oh and for those who are invited, don't bring flowers. I am allergic, they cannot be eaten, and they are a pain to take home.
Wish me luck (if you are not too offended and are still speaking to me).

5 comments:
What if I bring you an Eclair Bouquet? You haven't scared me off, but I'll wait for the call.
Eclair bouquet, Do they make those?? You are definitely getting the call!
Oh you crack me up! I know how you feel! My husband at least felt the same way that I did! It's not a freakin' circus!! Good luck tommorrow!
Yikes! Maybe I don't want to have kids after all.....
Melissa, i am sad that I have not been invited to your blog- hint hint.
Post a Comment