Sunday, February 10, 2008

21th century girl...

Being as big as a whale and pregnant is never fun.... believe me. And I know that I complain my fair share to jason (but only because he gives ZERO sympathy). But, can I just say that I am SOOOOOO glad to be born in a time with so much technology. Here are some of the things that I am grateful for:

TUMS- I eat these things like they are candy. I am not even sure if they are good for pregnant women, but I get such horrible heartburn that I NEED them.
Maxi Pads- I cannot even imagine having to wash out rags after birthing a child, yuck!

Epidural- normally, having a needle stuck in-between 2 vertebrae of my spine would not be on the list of things I am happy for, but it was so nice not to feel anything when Christian was born.

Washing machines- You won't catch me down by the river cleaning armpit stains out of my white t-shirts- no sir! 

Digital cameras- No lost film, can delete the b
ad ones right away, convenient... need I go on?

Scotch tape (duct tape too)- from fixing little boys drawings to healing warts, adhesives just make me happy.

Tucks and Tylenol- Obviously I have been reminiscing post partum pain. Thank goodness for tylenol... with codeine anyone??

There are so many more. I could never have been a pioneer. In fact, my modern oven is beeping upstairs. I pulled some food from my modern freezer and made an entire meal. So, no matter how much I complain, I am grateful for my heated house, diapers, and all of the other conveniences that I enjoy- including my blog.

3 comments:

carrs said...

I am with you on this one. I couldn't have been a pioneer. I like modern technology too much. Hope everything is going great
Heather Carr

Midge said...

Ok, that pic of the epideral is somewhat disturbing but I hear you on all of those things. Drugs and disposible sanitary items are the Bomb! I hope everything goes good with the delivery. I only have happy memories of mine, but I'm probably in denial.

Brittany said...

Heather, thanks for the call the other day, it made my whole day!
Marge, I have heard stories about your delivery ie: vomiting an 2.5 hours of pushing. You are definitely in denial, but thanks for being so positive!

 
Blogging tips