Saturday, February 9, 2008

13 Days until George Warshington's Birthday!


My mom called me and was all excited that Owen will be born on George Washington's birthday. 
Jason and I considered naming him George Washington Weidauer, but there is one big problem. Pretty much everyone on my side of the family can't pronounce "Washington," and my parents are the worst. What do I mean?? Well, let me give you some examples:
Normal people say: Wash, My family says: "Warsh" (my mom actually insists it is spelled with an r in it.
My parents neighbors are the Washburns, they say "Warshburns." I keep telling them it is like saying their last name is pronounced "Borse," but they won't listen.
Anyway, you get the idea. I won't even mention Motorsacle, tager, or ensaclapedia. 
I think this post may actually burn out my spell check, so we better just stick with Owen, it is much easier to say. Oh, except for Christian who says "Oyen." But he is only three so it is a lot cuter!

1 comment:

Midge said...

My mom always asked us to do the 'worsh' and we always said 'no but we'll do the wash'. so i feel your pain.
We'll miss you at dinner tonight.

 
Blogging tips