Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Big Day! AND The Name We Have Chosen:)


I went to the doctor today and found out the day that I will be induced.... Drum roll please...
February 22nd! 
Woo hoo! Get this kid outta me! My Doctor is seriously awesome, I love her! That is 10 days before my original due date and about 5 from the due date on my last ultrasound. I am so excited and nervous to have another little baby. (I have posted a baby picture of Christian, wasn't he the cutest!) I feel like I have forgotten EVERYTHING. Sometimes when I watch Ike (7 months) I have to think "Oh man, can he eat that, or is he too little?" "Can he do that yet?" It is crazy how fast Bunky has grown and I have forgotten. (Why oh why didn't I start blogging earlier???) I guess it doesn't matter though because this one will probably be so different from the first.
Alright, so the name: 
Here is the deal. I have been very sensitive about the comments people are saying about our name choices. I have had my feelings hurt by the people who are supposed to love me the most because they want my husband and I to choose a name that suits THEM instead of US. Unfortunately, I do not think that ANY name choice can make everyone happy, and it shouldn't matter. It is our baby. The people who love and support us should love our child for who they are, and not harbor negative feelings because of a name choice.
What?? You want to know the name? Is it just too suspenseful for everyone? Did I mention that I am done with the birth announcements? Okay, okay, I will tell you the name. But only because I KNOW how loving and supportive everyone will be about our choice.
And the winner is:


Owen Spencer Weidauer

Why? Well, Owen is just a random choosing that I like a lot and Jason has been completely obsessed about for 7 months. And, of course, Spencer is my brother's name and we knew right away that we wanted to name (maybe) our last boy after him. 
The name in full means: "A well bred person who sells goods." So it makes perfect sense, really.
We hope you love it as much as we do and if you don't, then I promise you will love the baby.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I like it alot Britt! Good choice! I like the name Owen! Nolan was really weird when it came to choosing names! I never realized how hard it was! That is a wonderful day by the way! It's my Anniversary!!Good Luck...I am sure that I will hear all about him!

Midge said...

Sorry for being one of the brats, I have to admit I had an excited gasp when I saw the name, I love it, and I'm going to love him, I can't wait to meet him. Sorry I haven't been talking to your belly, I'll make up for it when he comes out.

The Johnson's said...

I love the name you have chosen! Just a little input from an outsider!
Belinda

sue said...

We are so excited for this precious little boy to get here! Papa and Nana both like the name you have chosen . It seems just perfect and really flows together when you say it. Thank you for being such a thoughtful and wonderful family.

 
Blogging tips