Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Biggest Loser:

(Let me clarify: Loser as in weight, not social skills, although my social skills are a bit lacking too. I hang out with little kids all day- what do you expect?)
So, as everyone knows, I had a baby a little over 2 months ago. Can I just say.... I HATE women who give birth and then leave the hospital in their pre-pregnancy jeans? Okay I don't hate them, I am just really really jealous. I literally can't get my above my knees. Hell, I can't even zip my husbands jeans that I am wearing. Anyways, a few weeks ago I decided to start working out. Those of you who know me are rolling on the floor laughing. My idea of working out is reaching for something in the fridge. I am just so sick of being a bit tubby; but even more than that, I want to be HEALTHY. Here is what I have learned since I started excersizing:

-Excersize videos have really cheesy music.

-2 pound weights can get quite heavy!

-I can loose more weight by peeing and nursing than working out for a month. (I just lost a pound this morning using the pee/ nurse method).

-My knees click- a lot!

-Just because you can see your toes doesn't mean you can touch them.

-Jumping Jacks make your brain jiggle... I swear I can feel mine moving around in my head. Jason says because it is so small. (Huh?? I don't get it.)

-I look really sexy in my workout clothes. You know... garments with a sports bra.

-3 year olds cannot do jumping jacks but they can sit on your back to intensify push-ups.

-Excersize does NOT give you more energy. I find that I am much more energized by a donut. (Particulary, Bavarian Creme).

-I can be more motivated and devoted to something I hate than I thought.

Well, hopefully I can keep it up and feel confident to go swimming this summer in Holly's pool (Hint hint Holly). OR at least go up the stairs without panting.

10 comments:

Megan said...

I bought a jogging stroller off of E-Bay last week with every intention of going jogging...we will see how it goes! GOOD LUCK! I hope you are the Biggest Loser...of weight that is! Are you in Farmington? Lunch sure!

Melissa said...

I know what you mean. I'm not one of those people who can just love working out. It's like torture for me!

Midge said...

I have a feeling you are going to loose your baby weight before I do. I need to get serious about loosing my belly. Let me know if you find a way to do it without excersising or eating right.

everything pink! said...

oh congrats on your new baby. it was so great to talk to your mom - those boys are so darling and I can't believe you got a photo of him winking!
Congrats.
Kristi B.

Holly said...

You're funny. Well done with all the exercising! And of course, you have a standing invitation to my pool! I'm glad you know where I'll be this summer!

Kelli said...

hahaha. funniest blog ever. i'm feeling a little out of it. our one time exercise session hurt for a few days, now i've forgotten and i want to do it again. i can't wait until you are home. i miss you. sean and i went hiking the other night... that's embarassing too. after my timp summit experience i decided that my knees aren't quite right either... at least the left one. so i have to work on strengthening them so i'm good to go more. love you guys

Jennybug said...

That was sooooo funny! I remember exercising after I had Nicole, and all Kendra, Jake, and Megan would do is try to climb on me. The other thing I remember is that I didn't have weights so I used soup cans. I also remember Jake dropping one on my foot, more that once. Oh yes, good times!!! (the sad thing is I still have that baby weight and my baby is almost nine)

The other thing I remember is that Karen had the hots for Richard Simmons! (Sweaten to Oldies is the best)

Karen said...

Ha Ha, I don't know why Jenny tries to tell everyone about her crush and blame it on me!!!

Jennybug said...

No really Karen loves Richard!

Brittany said...

Okay, if I remember correctly, it was Karen that had the Sweatin' to the Oldies videos. I think she got my mom to buy some. I just sold them on e-bay last month!

 
Blogging tips