Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that another year has flown by. I am seriously in shock thinking about Christian being 4 and Owen turning 1. Our Holiday Season was so much fun, It has been great to have my parents here. Here are some pictures form November and December. I haven't loaded Christmas day yet... go figure!



Thanksgiving was so much fun. Kathy invited us to her house again, but we got there too late and missed the yearly turkey picture. Either that or Owen was hungrier than I thought!



We decorated our new "Family Tree." Owen would not stay out of the darn thing all month. I am so glad it is down now. He really thought the glitter ornaments tasted yummy! Christian hung all of the ornaments in the exact same place. He was so funny! I kept moving them to different spots then gave up and let him do what he wanted.



I have never made sugar cookies with the kids, and I thought it would be fun. We actually did this twice, but I still haven't found the perfect recipe. I want something that stays soft and tastes buttery. Any suggestions?? I hope aunt Rebecca is wrong about the red dye thing because Christian was eating red sprinkles by the spoonful. Yuck!

Jason was in charge of taking pictures of gingerbread house making, I ended up with ZERO pictures of actual people. So Marge... do you have any good pictures? I will trade you for some of everybody's hands.

This is the best picture I got of the boys all dressed up for our Christmas Eve dinner. Christian is turning into such a ham and Owen always blinks. Oh well!
Thank you to all of our friends and family for making our season so wonderful. Thanks for the help with my parents, the cards, and calls. We love all of you!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute pictures. I just loved seeing little Owen and Christian in their little p.j.'s on Christmas Eve!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday. Your family deserves it! I do think the comment about Jason taking pictures was funny...it reminded me of my own hubby... boys! I tell you what!!

Megan said...

Holy Cow I can not believe how big Owen looks all the sudden! I have my g-ma's recipe for butter cookies, they aren't too bad? I can email it to you if you want?

Glad you had a good holiday!

Lizzy Hortin said...

I loved reading about your holidays all the pictures were so cute! I absolutely love your gingerbread house! It's so creative. And I have a really good sugar cookie recipe! They are soft and buttery tasting. You could make some Valentine sugar cookies.

Kelli said...

I have the best sugar cookie recipe ever... but I don't like making them. They never turn out as good as I know they can be. We decorated them at our 9th south house. Soooo good, but I just like when my family's neighbor makes them and brings them over. She is a master. Love you!

Jennybug said...

I am so glad you are back!!!! I am glad you had a fun Holiday, by the way your gingerbread house was amazing (I saw it in person at your Mom and Dad's) Oh, and that is so like guy's.... only taking pictures of hands.... oh well at least you have some pictures!!!!

Jennybug said...

Hi Brittany, I just figured out I am on Jenny's blog.... I should go leave a bunch of weird comments for everyone.... The last comment was from me (Karen) although Jenny may feel the same way...... glad to see you blogging!!!

Jennybug said...

Hi Brittany, I just figured out I am on Jenny's blog.... I should go leave a bunch of weird comments for everyone.... The last comment was from me (Karen) although Jenny may feel the same way...... glad to see you blogging!!!

Brittany said...

Melissa- IT was SO fun that you came over on C-mas Eve. Thanks for sharing your fam with us!
Amanda- I am glad I am not the only one who married a bad picture taker!
Megan, Lizzy, Kelli- e-mail them to me: gdbrittanygd@hotmail.com. THanks! I will try ALL of them and let you know who the winner is:)
Karen- Thanks... you gingerbread house was my inspiration!
Jenny- I am so sad you didn't comment on my blog.

 
Blogging tips